The onset of cold weather (even if it is still off-and-on here in NYC) always makes me want to dive back into cooking in a serious way. Yesterday I made norwegian meatballs and today I’ve spent the better part of the morning pouring over and dog-earing pages of the new Bon Appetit magazine.
My must-try list for this issue is kinda ridiculous, but can you blame me? There’s a whole section devoted to potatoes. Swoon.
- White chocolate-mint pots de creme with candy cane brittle – the perfect Chrstimas dessert!
- Honey-Bourbon Toddy
- Chocolate-Almond Bark with Sea Salt - my absolute favorite chocolate pairing, made at home. Love.
- Walnut-Thyme Honey – wonderful as a holiday present as suggested in the magazine, but also great to keep on hand for your own use!
- Faux Pho
- Poached Eggs in Tomato Sauce with Chickpeas & Feta – long title but delicious concept
- Lamb Shanks with Pears and Pistachios
- Potato Rolls with Caraway Salt
- Peppermint Meringues
- Butterscotch Blondie Bars with Peanut-Pretzel Caramel
- Potato Galette with Caraway and Sweet Onions
- Gnocci Gratin with Gorgonzola Dolce
- Rosti with Bacon and Scallions
- Bacon & Spinach-Stuffed Rib-Eye Roast - the holiday season always makes me want to cook up a giant hunk of meat, and I’ve been on the lookout for a new standout recipe . . .
- Salt-Roasted Chicken