Random stuff about Ivete:
- Puppy-mom to Arnold, my miniature dachshund (you’ll be seeing him around these parts for sure!)
- My Dad is a professional chef. He’s been doing Technical cooking for my whole life, but he used to own a restaurant and taught in a culinary school. I grew up eating better at home than any of my friends did, and all my HS friends fondly recall the tasty dinners they had at my house (honest!).
- Food blogging is apparently genetic, as my Dad blogs here for his employer. And yes, that’s him in the header!
And, since this is a cooking blog after all:
- Potatoes, preferably fried
- Potato chips (yes, that’s different. Whether it’s a “food” is still up for discussion.)
- Lentil soup
- My Dad’s home cooking
Foods you’ll never see featured on this blog:
- Ethiopian food (it’s the texture, I can’t do it)
If you have any questions, feel free to comment! Or click on the “Contact” tab at the top to send me a message if you want it to be private.
This site wouldn’t be possible without the wonderful resources I’ve found online over the years. Here are a few of my favorites: